Things I see, experience and live through
I hit the 150 followers mark a few days ago and to thank all of you, I made this edit! I’m sorry if you’re following me and this edit means nothing. Give yourself a big hug from me instead!
It’s been a creative day!
This is beautiful…
Robert: Can I have one moment alone to give Mary my blessing?
Sybil: That’s lovely..
Sybil looks so hurt here… like she wished her father made the same effort for her on her wedding day..
Comin out for a drink?
Sybil and her belly rub…
“Laura looks stunning! I want that… I want that dress.”
- Jessica Brown-Findlay
Wind-beaten, staggering under a lopsided shock of bloom. You were everywhere. You are everywhere.
Lilacs by Amy Lowell
I suppose its silly to have a flower always remind you of a fictional character but when I saw the lilacs everywhere this morning during my bike ride in ‘a lopsided shock of bloom’ I couldn’t help but be reminded of dear Sybil. She was the loveliest girl to ever grace television and I will always miss her.
My head canon believes Mary and Edith had a Lilac bush planted on the grounds of Downton in their sister’s memory because it was her favourite blossom. And Tom goes there every so often when he wants to be alone. The delicate fragrance reminds him of his Sybil and the precious year they had together.
Oh this made me teary .. but warmed my heart at the same time..
These two… esp Allen’s arms… gah!!!
His face … I can’t
So animated!! I freaking love JBF (in case you didn’t know)
I love how she talks with her hands… plus Sybil’s wedding ring *FEELS*
“Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap - Chapter 28, On The Other Side
elleisforlovee: I chose this song when dealing with my AU version of Tom and Edna. I don’t have Edna kiss Tom, and I didn’t take the typical route of Sybil dealing with Edna on her own. Instead, I really explored why Tom would be hesitant to react to Edna, specifically dealing with the insecurities he still holds on to related to his lower class and overall status within Downton.
Love this song!!!
Eight gifs to help us relive the lovely moment where our S/T ship set sail
All credit to the wonderful and talented angiemagz for these beautiful gifs, the latest in a series for her. I am thrilled to be collaborating with her on this project!
1. Sybil is very thoughtful here at dinner with her family. When Matthew sings Lavinia’s praises, saying that she has stuck by him through everything and been proved right, Sybil looks down. She now knows (or, rather, lets herself realise something she has known for a long time without acknowledging it) that she cannot go back. She HAS to make a life for herself now, one that she has actively chosen, and she wants that life to be shared with Tom, someone who loves her for who she is, and who will support her no matter what. She’s thinking at this moment about the way Tom has waited so long for her to acknowledge this truth to herself and how he never gave up on her.
2. Then, Matthew makes the announcement that he and Lavinia will be getting married from Downton after his recovery. You can see the moment of realisation in Sybil’s eyes in this one as they flick back and forth, as if she is seeing something visible only to her, and she almost starts to say something out loud… “If Matthew can move on with his life and actively seek happiness, after everything he has been through, what have I got to be afraid of? Why have I waited so long to be with the man I love?”
3. I imagine Sybil leaving the table and heading towards the garage, and that she is almost running by the time she gets here. Look at her - now that she has decided what she wants to do, needs to do, she is a bit nervous but also excited.
4. Sybil tells Tom that she feels it’s time to move forward. Tom’s face in this one is so sweet - nervous, anxious eyes, unsure of himself which is not something we often see with him, as he asks if she has made her decision.
5. “My answer is….” - see how Tom’s mouth tightens here, and the way he swallows - he is bracing himself for whatever Sybil is going to say.
6. And here it is - the glorious moment all the S/T shippers have been waiting for, for such a long time. Sybil smiles - “I’m ready to travel, and you’re my ticket.” Tom can’t quite believe it at first…then Sybil’s little joke helps him realise it’s not a dream.
7. The way Tom watches Sybil in this one - as her head drops and she laughs, the relief breaks out on his face so clearly. He admits how long he has been waiting to hear those words, those wonderful words that mean the woman he has loved for so long has finally agreed to be his wife. His whole heart and soul are in his face at this moment - ah, the feels!!
8. “Fetch me the matches!” - a statement of freedom and independence from Sybil - and Tom can’t wait any longer to kiss her. This is such a beautiful moment in the S/T canon - I get a real sense of them meeting as equals in their first kiss. Sybil’s eyes are closed as Tom’s hand is gently caressing her neck, but he doesn’t pull her into him straight away - as soon as she feels him coming closer, she actively moves into the kiss, rising up on her toes to get as close to him as she can. From that moment, nothing will part them - they are eager to start building a life together that means something to both of them, not just as lovers but as best friends.
WE ARE THE BRANSONS!!!!! Cassie, Thank you for putting into words what I was trying to get across with these gifs.. you are a treasure!